Friday 3 May 2013

Ariel the Mermaid

I love chunky bold colours and use a lot of teal, turquoise and shades of blue and green in my work. 



 I found this dresser and absolutely loved it, I used a custom mix of green and white to get the colour(s) desired. For the casing, I used ASCP in Florence, and for the drawer facings, I mixed some pure white into the mix to make it a bit lighter.  


Discovering it was too low the ground to be functional, I had Mr. Chuckles help me put these ornate and very delicate gold feet to add some height.  I love the result!   I call her Ariel the Mermaid because she reminds me of the deep sea.


I highlighted the facing trim with cobalt blue, some white and a bit of black as well.  It created a beautiful, time worn patina.


I love the contrast of that big sturdy dresser being held up by those delicate little feet.


1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. I love the blues and greens. These shades are gorge!! These big chunky vintage dressers just scream for bold colors. Great idea for the feet. I saw someone else use bun feet as well. Is the whole piece chalk paint??

    ReplyDelete