Friday 3 May 2013

Beginner's luck and a French Dresser

I was having Sunday dinner at my mom's house when she told me that we have Craigslist here in Canada.  Im embarassed to admit I thought it was only an American thing.  Oops.  So I decided to have a gander at it to see if I could find anything interesting.  Turns out that my local Craislist is pretty quiet on the furniture front, BUT I did come across one fantasitc piece.  It was a vintage Malcolm Funiture Co. French dresser.   LOVE!  






I picked it up and painted the body in Pure White ASCP, and I stained the top in Dark Walnut, I did a little bit of distressing and love how it turned out!





The 'before' picture looks great, but in reality all of the varnish was peeling off, so I didn't feel bad  when I painted it.

The Original

No comments:

Post a Comment