Friday 10 May 2013

Grey Midcentury Modern Buffet

Midcentury pieces are getting harder to find due to their increasing popularity.  When I came by this one I tossed around several different ideas for refinishing it. I gradually settled on the idea below in my head.




I liked the idea of restaining the top because it was in such good condition, and I thought I would try a gray/yellow combination seeings its so trendy at the moment.





I modpodged this leafy grey and white paper onto the hidden drawer as well as lined the drawer with some gray and yellow fabric I had.

I used a flat paint for this; 'diamond' by Dulux in a deep charcoal colour.  I finished with clear wax and buffed, but the sheen did not come up the way it does with chalk paint, so the piece is still very flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment