Wednesday 28 August 2013

Vintage MCM night stands

I love mid-century furniture.  So clean and chic looking!  I found this lovely pair of nightstands as part of a set (as mentioned in my previous post).  One nightstand was in great shape, the other, not so much.


At first I was just going to refinish in stain and keep them natural, but I love a good two-toned look, so I mixed things up by painting the body in bone-white, and restaining the drawer facings in dark walnut.  The legs were surprisingly in great shape, so I left them alone apart from spot dabbing small blemishes with gel stain.

I think the contrast looks great!  They look like funky little tv screens!


I also have the matching tallboy, and a beautiful matching full length mirror.  They are both in great shape, so for now, they are escaping the paint brush.  But you never know what the future holds!



And below is the original.  The top had the worst of the wear, definitely could not be left as is.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful job! The paint treatment really accentuates "MCM-ness" without going over the top. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEYOND OBSESSED WITH THESE!!! In love, this is my inspiration for my bedroom, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete